Token Symbol: EMX
IEO Token Price: $0.15
Hard Cap: $8,000,000
Maximum market cap on a fully diluted basis: $40,000,000
Total Tokens for Sale: 106,000,000 (20% of Total Supply)
What Is EMX
- Innovative, institutional-grade derivatives exchange that links the crypto and real-world financial markets.
- Trade global futures contracts on equities, commodities, bonds, and cryptocurrencies. All without the need to convert to fiat.
- Derivatives are financial products whose value is derived from the price of an underlying asset, such as a barrel of oil, a bushel of wheat, a stock index, or a bitcoin.
In regards to the order panel and order types, the platform presents a moderately wide range of features, although it could still improve and add some important features.
Currently, users have many types of orders at their disposition, including limit orders, market orders, stop-loss, and take-profit orders. If users intend to use the limit orders, two options will be available: “reduce-only” and “post-only.” This is great, as these two features can be essential to some users’ trading strategies.
- Initial contracts include Bitcoin, Tezos, Ethereum, Gold, US500, Oil, EURUSD perpetual swaps, and BTC futures contracts
- Futures on EMX function widely the same as they do on traditional futures exchange with a some exceptions
- Frequent batch auctions. A batch schedule happens about every 250 milliseconds
- Web-based trading platform with REST and WebSocket APIs that incorporates a native Android app and iOS app
- Users are charged a fee when exchanging, withdrawing and liquidating
Benefits of Batch Auctions
- Recent batch auctions reduce the speed advantage of the quickest liquidity taking traders
- Traders adequately pay the mid-price, decreasing transaction costs to sell
- Auctions are more favorable for different types of traders, as everyone charges the same price in each auction
- Regulators and market analysts will monitor markets more reliably
- Data distribution will be more reasonable
EMX tokens are used for:
Any online trading site you are planning to use, knowing the fees before signing up is important.
EMX doesn’t charge users to deposit or withdraw funds. Moreover, there are no fees to join the platform and you won’t be charged any kind of annual maintenance fee. You’ll have to pay trading fees, of course.
Whether you are a market maker or a taker determines the pricing structure. a market maker is someone who brings liquidity to the exchange. A market taker is someone who has already been given betting at liquidity. If you’re a market maker, you won’t pay any fees.
In fact, you will earn a refund of 0.03% for all trades performed. If you are a daily investor, and therefore a market taker, you will pay a 0.075% trading fee, which it’s not bad.
The only additional fee you need to know is liquidation. EMX grants users the possibility to trade on leverage. If you use the collateral and you are then liquidated, you will be charged a fee of 0.25%.
- 2018 Q3: Private Beta launch and token sale begins
- 2018 Q4: Non-US exchange launch, the trading competition begins
- 2019 Q1: TGE, android app launch, external market-making launch
- 2019 Q2: iOS app launch, CFTC application filed, EU expansion
Jim Bai — CEO
9 years experience at Citigroup and Graham Capital where he managed a $1Billion+ futures and options book.
Craig Austin — CTO
12 years at Microsoft and AQR Capital Management. Led asset allocation research engineering at AQR and managed a team of 18 developers.
Jerald David — COO
20 years of experience in finance and exchanges, including executive-level positions at CME Group.Has diverse experience in emerging technology and broad exchange experience across multiple asset classes.
Simon Sejoon Kim
CEO of #Hashed, leading South Korean VC. Frequent speaker and advocate of cryptocurrencies.
Founder and Co-CEO of Dianrong.com, leading Chinese P2P lending platform and leading blockchain advocate in China.
Founded discretionary macro fund Abingdon Global. 15+ years of futures trading experience. Portfolio Manager at Graham Capital and AT Global.
Seed round funds include Hashed, Luna Capital and XSQ
- Stayed on track with development and roadmap
- First in the world to be a Hybrid Decentralised Exchange for futures
- Cautious with cost, unlike other start-ups that have a tendency to blow money early on
- Easy interface and navigation
- Great customer service
- Delivers what it’s promised
- CFTC application can be accepted right away or take a while before it’s approved and there is a chance that it can be rejected
- Not accessible for US residents
EMX is one of my favorite trading platforms I use, I use two and EMX is one of them. It never gave me any problems, the team is great and you get used to the interface quite quickly. If you’re not a US resident and want to check it out or sign up Click Here and it’ll take you to my link.
How to register for EMX:
1. Visit This Link and click sign up.
2. Enter your e-mail address.
3. Choose a password.
Your password is required to have a minimum of 8 characters. A strong password consists of a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols (@, #, $, %, etc.). An even stronger password contains letters in both uppercase and lowercase.
5. Click “Sign Up” to continue.
If everything’s done correctly, you will be taken to a “Verify Your Email” screen where you have to enter a verification code that was just emailed to you.
6. Check your mailbox.
Check your email for the one-time code that was sent.
7. Enter the code in the email.
Enter the one-time code on the form where you are signing up. Once the code is verified, you will be taken to the exchange. Your basic registration is now complete.
That’s it! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to reach out, and happy trading!
By Franky Feltrim