I was just reading some things from crypto history and I’ve decided to read a bit about Doge and…well some things made laugh, some admire Doge community and I’ve wanted to share it with you (this is not a shill – I do not hold any Doge and I do not intend to).
All of us know Doge, so not much to say. Everything started as a joke in 2013 by two software engineers – Billy Markus (IBM Programer) and Jackson Palmer (Adobe). Actually DogeCoin is making fun of itself. Just look at official site [www.dogecoin.com](http://www.dogecoin.com/) …price of Doge? **1 doge = 1 doge** :D…It was just an elaborate prank taken to the extreme. Billy and Jackson were trying their best to make it as ridiculous as possible, which is a reason, why Shiba Inu in Doge’s logo is saying things like “much wow” or “such tired”. They did not wanted to make from it something what ppl actually cared about. Just check this short video with Jackson Palmer:D [https://youtu.be/GO3p1zyc7-o](https://youtu.be/GO3p1zyc7-o) .
**Ridiculous events from history of DogeCoin:**
– In 2014, after a post in reddit group appeared (and it’s still there – [https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/20mwde/guys_lets_do_it_doge_nascar_style/](https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/20mwde/guys_lets_do_it_doge_nascar_style/) ), Over 67 million doge amounting to $55,000 was donated in order to allow Josh Wise to race in Nascar…and he was racing in real Moonrocket (this car was really named Moonrocket:D ).
– Doge community raised over 30 million in 2014 to support the Jamaican bobsled team to let them travel and compete in 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Russia
– Doge community also sponsored Shiva Keshavan is a six-time Olympian and the first Indian representative to compete in [l](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luge)uge at the Winter olympic games after his home country was suspended by the International Olympic Committee for corruption … They are actually preparing movie about him.
– “Doge4Kids” in 2015 Doge community raised around $30,000 to donate to 4 Paws For Ability. Goal was to send service dogs to kids and families in need and they raised over 20 000 000 DOGE!!!
-Doge for Water – Doge community raised $50,000 to make water wells in Kenya.
– Dogecoin creator Billy Markus sold all his coins in 2015 to buy second hand Honda Civic…now it’s probably the most expensive civic in history:D.
Doge was made just for fun, but Doge community helped to many ppl along the way and even through I am not a shitcoin fan, this one deserve our respect, because they made some incredible things and along the way they made a lot of ppl to smile:).
**If you want to read something from crypto history in general, try my older post:**
[Crypto History 101](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/p9at3y/crypto_history_101/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)
View Reddit by MoodSoggy – View Source