A few weeks after saying the meeting with the US-based miners was “promising,” it was revealed that Elon Musk will have no actual role in the formation and operation of the Bitcoin Mining Council.
- After Tesla disabled BTC payments citing environmental issues, Elon Musk has openly urged those involved with the largest blockchain network to strive for clean energy mining.
- While most community members saw his words as criticizing at first, the billionaire actually met with US-based Bitcoin miners to discuss potential solutions.
- The meeting, led by MicroStrategy’s Michael Saylor, resulted in the formation of the Bitcoin Mining Council – an organization aiming to “promote energy usage transparency and accelerate sustainability initiatives worldwide.”
- As Musk was a part of that initial meeting, it was widely believed that he would be actively participating in the Council’s future.
- However, the website, which went live just recently, denies such a possibility. It reads that “Elon Musk has no role at the BMC. The extent of his involvement was joining an educational call with a group of North American companies to discuss Bitcoin mining.”
- In contrast, Michael Saylor, the CEO of the company that plans to hold over 100,000 bitcoins soon, is a “key member of the BMC, both as a facilitator and Bitcoin supporter.”
- Saylor himself described the Council as a “voluntary and open forum of Bitcoin miners committed to the network and its core principles” and urged anyone interested to join.
The Bitcoin Mining Council is a voluntary and open forum of Bitcoin miners committed to the network and its core principles. We promote transparency, share best practices, and educate the public on the benefits of #Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining. Join us. 🙏https://t.co/vGPGD3TA5p
— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) June 10, 2021
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.