1. Telegram’s founder and CEO Pavel Durov, as well as vice president Ilya Perekopsky and an employee named Shyam Parekh, should give testimony in the SEC vs. Telegram case, a judge has ordered.
[Exchange & Wallet]
1. Crypto exchange BitBay on Nov 25 announced its decision to end trading support with Monero (XMR), a privacy-focused digital currency;
2. Indonesia’s leading crypto exchange Tokocrypto has obtained registration from the Commodity Futures Trading Regulatory Agency (BAPPEBTI), purportedly becoming the nation’s first regulated exchange.
1. Bitcoin ATM pioneer Bitstop partnered with Simon Malls, the largest shopping mall operator in the U.S.;
2. The European Central Bank (ECB) is now studying the option of introducing a digital currency;
3. ZHOU Xiaochuan, former head of the People’s Bank of China, believes that China will emphasize digital currency’s usage in the payment and retail field;
4. Travala has partnered with online travel agency giant Booking.com to enable crypto payments at accommodations around the world;
5. Ripple-backed rental firm Omni is shutting down with Coinbase taking on the Development team;
6. An Estonian Police and Board Guard Board-affiliated agency has negligently leaked the email addresses of more than 200 cryptocurrency trading service providers;
7. The Red Cross societies of Norway, Denmark, and Kenya have launched a two-year plan to replace cash and voucher provision in aid and development efforts with blockchain-backed “local currencies.”